Cooked Perfect® Italian Style Meatballs and served on a plate of penne pasta, dinner will be ready in no time.
Meatball Penne with Red Sauce
Our Cooked Perfect® Products
- 6 each Italian Style Meatballs (1 oz) You may substitute any variety of Cooked Perfect® Meatballs.
- 4 each Vine-ripened tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 4 each Cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces (oz) Tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (tbsp) Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon (tsp) Red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound (lb) Penne pasta
- 1/4 cup Basil, cut chiffonade
- 1/2 pound (lb) Fresh mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- In a sauce pan combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes, tomato paste and add salt to taste. Heat gently, stirring often to ensure uniform heating.
- Bake meatballs according to package directions and keep warm.
- Add meatballs and pasta to sauce; stir.
- Add optional mozzarella cheese and stir until uniform. Garnish with basil.
This recipe can be made with any variety of Cooked Perfect™ meatballs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!