This easy recipe is perfect for any occasion from a busy weeknight meal to an appetizer for the next game day. These jumbo pasta shells are filled with gooey, melted cheese, marinara sauce and our Angus Beef Meatballs. Each jumbo pasta shell can be eaten in two easy bites, making this recipe simple to serve and a great finger food for kids and guests.
The inspiration for this recipe came from the BakerMama blog, with their permission of course. Looking for additional tips and tricks and more photos of these delicious Meatball Stuffed Pasta Shells? BakerMama blog has more details on our Meatball Stuffed Pasta Shells recipe.
Meatball Stuffed Pasta Shells
Our Cooked Perfect® Products
- 16 ea Angus Beef Meatballs
- 1 jar (25 ounce) Marinara pasta sauce
- 1 box (12 ounce) Jumbo pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons (tsp) olive oil
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnishing (optional)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the marinara sauce over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Add the frozen meatballs, cover and let simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill a large pot with 4-6 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil, and then add the jumbo pasta shells.
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells for 9 minutes, drain and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread 20 of the cooked and cooled pasta shells out evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Fill each shell with 1 teaspoon of cheese, 1 marinara simmered meatball, a teaspoon of marinara sauce from the saucepan, and another teaspoon of cheese on top. Place the filled pasta shell back on the baking sheet. Repeat process until all meatballs have been stuffed into a pasta shell.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese on top of each stuffed pasta shell is melted.