A hearty soup that is perfect for a cool spring or summer night. This soup is packed with vegetables including summer squash, zucchini and onions. Each flavorful bite is complemented with the classic Italian flavors of our Cooked Perfect® Italian Style Beef & Pork Meatballs.
Summer Meatball Soup
Our Cooked Perfect® Products
- 1 12 ounce package Italian Style Beef and Pork Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp) olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Medium sized yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) dry Italian seasoning
- 1 large yellow squash, large diced
- 1 large zucchini, large diced
- 1 28 ounce can Diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Chicken or beef broth
- In a large heavy bottom pot, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add seasoning, squash and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs, tomatoes and broth, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until meatballs are hot and zucchini is tender.
- Divide among four bowls and serve.